NUECES COUNTY JUNIOR LIVESTOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- Eligibility: Any active member of a Nueces County FFA or FCCLA chapter or 4-H club who will graduate this academic year and has actively participated in the Nueces County Junior Livestock Show for at least two of his/her high school years is eligible to apply for the Nueces County Junior Livestock Show Scholarships. Applicants must have entered and exhibited three or more projects within each year of the two required years.
- College Attendance Requirements: It is mandatory that the scholarship winner attend a college, university or certified vocational trade school the fall semester immediately following selection and use the scholarship funds beginning that semester. Only with special permission from the Nueces County Junior Livestock Show Scholarship Committee may the use of the scholarship be deferred one year.
- Judging Criteria: Criteria used in selecting scholarship recipients will include: (1) Stock show participation (2) FFA, FCCLA or 4-H participation (3) Academic achievement (4) College Exams and (5) Interview & References
- Transcript: Current official transcript from your school registrar must be uploaded into the scholarship application. If your school will not provide you with an official transcript (CCISD) you MUST request an unofficial transcript from the registrar. DO NOT mail your transcript to the CBCF office. It will not be accepted and your application will not be considered. YOU WILL NEED TO REQUEST YOUR TRANSCRIPT FROM THE REGISTRAR, SCAN IT INTO A COMPUTER, SAVE IT AS A PDF, AND UPLOAD IT DIRECTLY INTO THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION. DO NOT submit the transcript you see on your student portal. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT. You must request one from your registrar.
- ACT/SAT Scores: The SAT and/or ACT scores report must be uploaded into the scholarship application.
- Interviews: Not all applicants will be granted interviews. Applications will be judged objectively and interviews will be granted based on scoring of the applications. Written notification will be provided to all contestants as to their need to participate in an interview. The only approved absence from an interview will be a UIL, FFA, FCCLA, or 4-H competition. ONLY an extenuating circumstance other than these approved events will be discussed and decided by the Scholarship Committee on a case by case basis.
- Submission and Deadline: Submit applications online on the Coastal Bend Community Foundation website https://www.cbcfoundation.org.
- All NCJLS Scholarship Recipients will be required to write 15 thank you letters to the NCJLS Scholarship Donors. Thank you letters must follow the general rules pertaining to thank you letter requirements.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average out of a possible 4.0 (a C average).
- Recipient must enroll in a college, university or certified vocational trade school and must maintain a full-time status in accordance with the policies of the school they are attending.
- Recipients are required to submit an official class schedule for verification of required hours by August 15th of their first fall semester. After their first semester, recipients must submit annually by August 15th an official grade report verifying previous semester grades and an official class schedule for the upcoming semester. Individuals who have not provided the required documentation TO THE COASTAL BEND COMMUNITY FOUNDATION by August 15th for the Fall Semester will forfeit all future scholarship payments.
- Recipient is required to major in an accepted field of study or vocational trade.
- Any recipient of the scholarship who fails to meet the necessary grade average or the full-time course load requirements will forfeit any further benefits from this scholarship program.
- Extenuating Circumstances: If unable to meet the above requirements, the recipient should contact the NCJLS Office immediately and also fill out the special request form which can be found on the ncjls.org website. Cases will be considered individually.
Applications available online at https://www.cbcfoundation.org December 15: Deadline for submitting scholarship applications online March 1.
Applications MUST be submitted online on the Coastal Bend Community Foundation website, cbcfoundation.org.
AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship award amounts will be paid in equal installments for the fall and spring semesters. Funds will be paid after the student has submitted required course schedules and grade reports to the Coastal Bend Community Foundation office.
NCJLS Scholarship Application
On this application, please complete each section requested. Save your username and password so that you can return to your saved draft to complete at a later time if needed. You will need to scan and attach these documents:
1. Current official transcript signed by school official (principal or counselor);
2. ACT and/or SAT Score report;
3. Use the following 2 forms to help put together the information needed for the related sections in the application (you will NOT attach these forms):
Leadership and Club/Chapter Participation Form
Other Organization Participation and Honors Form
Do not submit your application until you have completed all sections and attached all the required forms. No changes can be made to your application after you have submitted it. Please double check all of your answers and attachments to ensure that they are accurate.
The NCJLS Scholarship application is available annually from December 15 – March 1.