Thank you for visiting the Coastal Bend Community Foundation’s (CBCF) website. CBCF is a public charity serving the Coastal Bend region of Texas and is beginning its fourth decade. Over these years, our founders, donors, board members, and staff have worked together to provide millions of dollars in grants and scholarships to the people of this geographical region, while imbuing CBCF with a reputation for honesty, integrity, stewardship and effectiveness.
Simply put, thanks to the vision of those leaders who established CBCF in 1981, we are able to:
- Help achieve individual charitable goals
- Evaluate community needs
- Make strategic grants to nonprofits
- Assist students to achieve a higher education through competitive scholarships
- Steward permanent charitable funds
- Honor donor intent
- Increase the size of charitable gifts over time through quality investments
- Strengthen our region’s nonprofit organizations
CBCF has provided a vehicle for long-term philanthropy for those who wish to broadly support our communities. CBCF serves as our communities’ charitable endowment; we are fortunate to be able to use our assets to “improve the quality of life in the Coastal Bend.”
If you have questions or would like to discuss partnering with CBCF, I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you. I can be reached at 361.882.9745. Thank you for your interest in the Coastal Bend Community Foundation.
Karen W. Selim, J.D.
President & CEO