NUECES COUNTY JUNIOR LIVESTOCK SHOW SCHOLARSHIPS
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- Eligibility: Any active member of a Nueces County FFA or FCCLA chapter or 4-H club who will graduate this academic year and has actively participated in the Nueces County Junior Livestock Show for at least two of his/her high school years is eligible to apply for the Nueces County Junior Livestock Show Scholarships. Applicants must have participated in two or more divisions within each year of the two required years. (Queen Contest and Livestock Judging Contest activities should be included in the application, but Queen Contest and Livestock Judging Contest are not divisions.) *** The NCJLS office should be notified if a student desiring to apply for these scholarships will graduate from high school following a summer or fall semester.
- College Attendance Requirements: It is mandatory that the scholarship winner attend a college, university or certified vocational trade school the fall semester immediately following selection and use the scholarship funds beginning that semester. Only with special permission from the Nueces County Junior Livestock Show Scholarship Committee may the use of the scholarship be deferred one year.
- Transcript: An official transcript (contains school seal and signature of principal or counselor) of student’s high school record through the fall semester preceding submission of this application must accompany the application. GPA should be in numerals–not letters.
- ACT/SAT Scores: SAT and/or ACT scores must be included in the application and posted on the transcript.
- Interviews: Not all applicants will be granted interviews. Applications will be judged objectively and interviews will be granted based on scoring of the applications. Written notification will be provided to all contestants as to their need to participate in an interview. The only approved absence from an interview will be a UIL, FFA, FCCLA, or 4-H competition.
- Submission and Deadline: The application opens December 15th and closes March 1st online.
AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship award amounts will be paid in equal installments for the fall and spring semesters. Funds will be paid after the student has submitted required course schedules and grade reports to the Livestock Show office.