The Coastal Bend Day of Giving is a one-day, online, matching gift campaign held each November to raise funds for nonprofit organizations that assist the neediest in the Coastal Bend. Local foundations provide the matching fund for the online donations. The project is managed by the Coastal Bend Community Foundation.
The goal of the Coastal Bend Day of Giving is three-fold:
- Nonprofits receive much needed funds without large fundraising expenses
- New donors are introduced to philanthropy – in every event, the number of donations under $100 has been over 75%
- Potentially strengthens nonprofits by encouraging them to use new marketing tools, thus enabling them to recruit new donors and volunteers
From its inception in 2009 through 2021, the event has raised over $24.3 million!
- 29 Funders
- $1.2 Million in Matching Funds
- 56 Nonprofits
- Match of $21,800 per Organization
- Over 9,200 Individual Online Donations
- Total Raised $3,782,562