Please contact Karen W. Selim, President & CEO for media inquiries – phone 361.882.9745, fax 361.882.2865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Right click on images to copy.
Coastal Bend Community Foundation Logo
Karen Selim, President & CEO
What is the Coastal Bend Community Foundation?
It is a 501(c)(3) public charity that:
- Connects donors with causes they care about in the seven counties of the Coastal Bend of Texas that we serve – Aransas, Bee, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Nueces, Refugio and San Patricio
- Awards grants to nonprofit organizations working to improve life in our region (Click here to see a list of recent grants)
- Provides scholarships for college students and grants for school scholarship funds
- Manages a community endowment that is a permanent source of funding for the present and future needs of the Coastal Bend
- Established in 1981 by the Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce with a $150,000 donation from the Paul and Mary Haas Foundation
- The crux of our mission is to “enhance and improve the quality of life in the Coastal Bend”
- Manages almost 300 funds created by donors from all walks of life
- Has distributed over $93 million in grants to nonprofits and scholarships to individuals since 1981
- Manages assets of approximately $70 million
- Grant focus areas are arts, education, environment, families (including youth and the elderly), health, human services and public good
- Is one of over 700 community foundations in the United States and 35 in Texas bringing together the financial resources of individuals, families, and businesses to support worthy causes in a specific geographic area.
- Charitable giving and philanthropy (including donor-advised funds, endowments, bequests and planned giving)
- Nonprofit organizations
- Community needs
- Scholarships for college