It is easy to help your client establish a named fund and the task can be completed in less than a day:
- First, decide what the client wishes to support
- Decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, or other property.
- Select a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member or one they invent.
- Designate current fund advisors if the gift is to a Donor or Charitable Advised Fund such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a Gift Agreement Form that we will help to customize for the donor.
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously
- If a donor or charitable advised fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout the United States